FRONTEND REVOLUTION B.V. ASSOCIATED EVENTS AND WEBSITES
- All Conferences organised via JSWORLD Conference - https://jsworldconference.com/
- Vue.js Amsterdam - https://vuejs.amsterdam
- React Live - https://reactlive.nl
- AngularNL - https://angularnl.com/
- React Miami - https://www.reactmiami.com/
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA
Personal data means any information regarding to an identified or identifiable natural person. This includes, for example, your name, phone number, address, and email address.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We collect personal data about you from a variety of sources, such as:
Information we collect directly from you
This is the personal data you provide us when using our Services. For example when you sign up to receive our newsletter, opt in to be added to the delegate list, register to attend an Event, or when you create an account. This type of information may include your name, email address, username, telephone number, date of birth, address, user-generated content, post and other content you submit to our Services, and any other information you provide voluntarily to us. The profile information that you choose to provide to Frontend Revolution B.V. (or third-party networking application you've opted into during the Event) might be accessible to other attendees of the Event, subject to your settings.
We may use information from a social sign-on using your Facebook or LinkedIn credentials to create an account or log on. This type of information may include your title, company, interests, and other information you authorize.
Information we collect via scanning
Frontend Revolution B.V. provides attendees with a third-party networking application for the purpose of making connections with other attendees. For example, the profile information provided by you to Frontend Revolution B.V. will be accessible to other attendees of an Event, subject to your settings in the third party networking application.
The QR code scanning functionality on the Event badge is activated by default. You can provide your profile information to other attendees and partners by allowing them to scan the QR code on your Event badge at the Event and you may be able to create a mutual networking connection via an in-app function on the third-party networking application with another attendee or partner. Your data will only be shared with your consent to the sharing of your contact information with an attendee or partner via the third-party networking application. Consent may be revoked at any time.
Information we collect from other sources
We may collect information from other sources if you have given permission for that information to be shared. For example information from your social media accounts, public databases and marketing companies. This type of information may include your name, postal address, telephone number, email address, household information, consumer and market research data, purchase behavior and preferences, and information about your lifestyle such as your hobbies and interests. The aforementioned processing of personal data may also be based on the legitimate interests of Frontend Revolution B.V.
For which purposes do we use your personal data?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the Terms and Conditions and provide you with the required Service or information.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where you have consented to the processing which consent may be revoked at any time.
- Where you have made the information manifestly public.
- Where necessary in the public interest.
- Where necessary to protect your vital interest.
The following purposes are examples of how we may use the personal data we collect:
- Provide access to networking applications, facilitate information sharing with other attendees and partners with your consent and provide you with relevant connections and content during the Event;
- Determine the popularity of certain sessions and content during an Event;
- Provide you with Services that you request from us;
- Communicate regularly with you to inform you about service updates, content, special offers, and advertisements that may be of interest to you;
- Contact you if this is required to perform our Services;
- Inform you about changes in our Services and our Platform;
- Send you an invoice for our Services;
- Resolve consumer issues and issues with our Services;
- Improve your customer experience on our websites and Platform;
- Do research and analysis to maintain, protect, develop and improve our networks and Services;
- Deliver customized content or advertising such as personalised offers for products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Connect you with other attendees and Frontend Revolution B.V. partners during the Event; Participate in our online communities, including our social media channel/pages and blogs;
- Store your preferences for future interactions and communications from us;
- Create external marketing & analytics reports;
- Market our Services and use and distribute footage and photographs in order to highlight your participation in our Services and for other legitimate business purposes;
- Prevent illegal activities, suspected fraud and potential threats to our network; and
- Analyse the characteristics of our customers at an aggregated level and customer utilization of our Services in order to understand customer and market needs, to improve our existing Services, to design new Services, and for business development.
Will we share your personal data with other parties?
We may disclose your personal data to third parties if needed to provide the Services, which third parties will process your personal data in conformance with this Privacy Statement.
We may also disclose your personal data:
- To our affiliates or subsidiaries.
- If we are legally entitled or required to do so (for example, if required to do so by legal proceedings or for the purposes of detection and prevention of fraud and other crime or as part of a security audit).
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety, or the safety of others.
- If we sell a business or part of a business to another company then the transfer of ownership could include the transfer of your personal data directly related to that business to the purchasing company. We would require the buyer to treat your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- To any third party in order to fulfill the agreement between you and Frontend Revolution B.V.
- To any other third party (for example speakers, sponsoring companies, and other attendees at the Event) with your prior permission to do so.
Your personal data may be transferred, stored, and processed in the Netherlands or any other country in which Frontend Revolution B.V. (or its affiliates, subcontractors or agents) maintain facilities. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement and applicable data protection law and legislation.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
We are a Data Controller of your information.
- Frontend Revolution B.V. needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given Frontend Revolution B.V. permission to do so
- Processing your personal information is in Frontend Revolution B.V. legitimate interests
- Frontend Revolution B.V. needs to comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
Frontend Revolution BV follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
We adhere to the Do Not Track setting in the browser.
Like any other website, Frontend Revolution B.V. associated websites, including this one, use ‘cookies'. These cookies are used to store information including visitors' preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users' experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information.
DOUBLECLICK DART COOKIE
Note that Frontend Love has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
THIRD PARTY PRIVACY POLICIES
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers' respective websites. What Are Cookies?
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Frontend Revolution does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.